Announcements for the week of Jan. 29, 2023
- Men’s Breakfast: The next men’s breakfast will be Saturday, Feb. 4, at 7 a.m., in the Fellowship Hall. Our guest speaker will be Jim Muskopf. We will also discuss and finalize plans for the 2023 Swamp Cookout. All men and boys are encouraged to attend. There is no cost to eat, but donations are welcome.
- Pinckard Baptist Women: The PBW will meet on Feb. 5, at 5 p.m. in the Fellowship Hall. All ladies and girls are invited to join the gathering.
- Upcoming Committee/Team Meetings:
- Jan. 29, 2 p.m. – Properties
- Jan. 29, 3:30 p.m. – Personnel
- Feb. 5, 2 p.m. – Constitution & By-Laws
- Feb. 5, 3:30 p.m. – Deacons
- Feb. 12, 3 p.m. – Missions Team
- DBA Senior Adult Banquet: The Sonshiners are invited to attend the Dale Baptist Association Valentine Day Banquet on Tuesday, Feb. 14. DBA provides the meal and attendees are invited to bring a dessert. OBC worship team will lead “Name That Tune” Oldies Edition, and Pastor Chris Woodall will lead a short devotional.
- DBA Disaster Relief Training: March 10-11. The DBA is in need of volunteers. Contact Jim Hill at 334-774-2713 for more information or go to www.sbdr.org/events.
- Youth Camp: Due to some scheduling conflicts youth camp has been rescheduled this year. Camp is now June 19-23 in Clinton, Miss. See Bro. David for more information.
- Music Minister Search: Please be in prayer for our personnel committee as they search for our next Minister of Music. Thank you to Bro. David, Mrs. Peggy, and Ms. Charlotte for providing service in the interim period. Pastor Chris will be developing a special music signup for those who would like to sing (solo, duet, trio, etc.). Please contact Pastor Chris to sign up.
- Ministry Needs: We are in need of a few volunteers to fill the following position:
- Two volunteers for the fourth Sunday children’s church
* These volunteers must be members of the church, and those who work in the children and youth ministry will need to complete a background check.
- Tuesday Morning Prayer Gathering: Pastor Chris leads a prayer/devotional time at 8 a.m. Tuesdays. During this time, we will specifically seek the Lord’s grace on our church and his power and influence to reach our community. We invite you to join us!
- Chest of Joash: The Chest of Joash is an ongoing, freewill offering above and beyond your regular general fund tithe. The funds raised through the Chest of Joash will be divided 70% to the building fund and 30% to the general fund. You may make your offering (designated “Chest of Joash”) in the offering box in the vestibule or give now on Tithe.ly using the link below:
- Children’s Church Volunteers:
First Sunday: Deidre and Grace
Second Sunday: Angel and Esse
Third Sunday: Chad and Ashley
Fourth Sunday: VACANT
Fifth Sunday: Stacy and Jene’
- Communications: We are implementing a couple of new forms of communication in addition to the usage of our private Facebook page and church website:
- REMIND App – To get push notifications on a smartphone or computer, go to remind.com/join/pinckar on your device and follow the instructions to sign up and download the Remind app.
- REMIND Texts – If you would prefer to get text notifications, text the message @pinckar to the number 81010. If you have trouble texting to 81010, try texting @pinckar to (720) 606-4669. Note that standard text messaging rates will apply.
- Alabama Baptist: If you are currently receiving The Alabama Baptist but are no longer reading it or interested in receiving it, please contact Wanda Edwards to be removed from the subscription list.
- Giving: Pinckard Baptist Church relies on our members to support our ministries through continued giving. Please visit the Giving section to see a list of ways you can give your tithes and offerings, or click the button below to give online now using Tithe.ly.