Announcements for the week of Sept. 12, 2021
- Renovation Update: Work has been completed on the repairs and renovations to the Sanctuary and Fellowship Hall. Thank you for your patience during this time.
- 130th Church Anniversary and Homecoming: This special day of worship and celebration will be on Sunday, Oct. 3, at 10 a.m. Former Pastor Hillary Stuart will be our guest speaker. We will have lunch after the service. (NO SUNDAY SCHOOL.) More information about the day will be shared soon.
- Operation Christmas Child: Our shoebox collection week for Operation Christmas Child will be Nov. 11-22. We are currently small children’s toys. Please drop off your items at the display in the Fellowship Hall. Additionally, you may support this wonderful ministry financially by giving online using the button below.
- Myers-Mallory State Missions Offering: It’s time once again for our annual Myers-Mallory Offering to benefit Alabama Baptist State Missions. We’ll start things off with a week of prayer for state missions from Sept. 12-19. Our church goal this year is $1,200. If you feel led to give, you may place your offering in the box in the vestibule, or you can give online using the button below.
- Pastor Vacation: Pastor Chris and family will be on vacation Oct. 8-16. David Loyless will be preaching Sunday, Oct. 10. Please see David or a deacon if you have any ministerial needs during this time.
- Trunk or Treat: Our annual Trunk or Treat returns this year after missing last year due to COVID. This year’s event will be held Wednesday, Oct. 27, from 6-7:30 p.m. There is a signup sheet for you to register your vehicle theme. Also, we will be accepting candy donations. There is a drop-off box in the Fellowship Hall.
- Abuse Prevention and Orphan Care Event: The Abuse Prevention and Orphan Care Event originally scheduled for Saturday, Aug. 21, has been rescheduled until Feb. 5, 2022. More information and ways to serve in the event will be forthcoming.
- Children’s Church Volunteers:
First Sunday: Deidre and Hope
Second Sunday: Angel and Esse
Third Sunday: Chad and Ashley
Fourth Sunday: Beth and Teresa
Fifth Sunday: Stacy and Jene’
- Sunday School Classes: As we resume our Sunday School schedule, the following will be the class structure for now. We will reassess as our numbers increase:
- 1-3 Grade – Stacy Woodall – Education Building
- 4-6 Grade – Esse Muskopf – Education Building
- 7-12 Grade – David Loyless – Education Building
- Adult II Co-Ed – Chris Smith – Education Building
- Adult III Co-Ed* – Don Snell – Fellowship Hall
- Women – Beth Ivey – Education Building
* The Adult III Co-Ed Class will, for the time being, include the senior adult men and senior adult women classes combined with the senior adult co-ed class. Any questions, please contact Jene’ Loyless.
- International Mission Board: IMB Prayer Points: www.imb.org/prayer-points to subscribe for free email or print edition. You may also call the IMB at (800) 999-3113. We encourage you to call the IMB to request the name of one or more international missionaries so that you can commit to praying for them each and every day.
- Communications: We are implementing a couple of new forms of communication in addition to the usage of our private Facebook page and church website:
- REMIND App – To get push notifications on a smartphone or computer, go to rmd.at/pinckar on your device and follow the instructions to sign up and download the Remind app.
- REMIND Texts – If you would prefer to get text notifications, text the message @pinckar to the number 81010. If you have trouble texting to 81010, try texting @pinckar to (720) 606-4669. Note that standard text messaging rates will apply.
- Alabama Baptist: If you are currently receiving The Alabama Baptist but are no longer reading it or interested in receiving it, please contact Wanda Edwards to be removed from the subscription list.
- Giving: In this time of social distancing due to the COVID-19 pandemic, it remains important for each of our members to support Pinckard Baptist Church through continued giving. Please visit the Giving section to see a list of ways you can continue to give your tithes and offerings while we are unable to meet together in corporate worship, or click the button below to give online now using Tithe.ly.
- Who’s Your One?: I want to encourage you to identify your “one” and make a commitment to pray that they would come to Christ and connect with our church. Additionally, ask the Lord to use you in reaching them!
September Birthdays and Anniversaries
If your birthday or anniversary is not listed, please let Pastor Chris know and it will be added next week.
- No birthdays or anniversaries this month.