Announcements for the week of June 20, 2021
- Baby Bottle Boomerang: If you did not return your Baby Bottle Boomerang bottle this past Sunday, you may either contact Pastor Chris to arrange a pickup, or bring it this Sunday, June 27. Baby Bottle Boomerang is a fundraiser for the Dale County Sav-A-Life ministry, which ministers to those who are pregnant and provides services for them.Thank you for your support of this vital pro-life local ministry.
- Sanctuary Update: Work is continuing on the repairs and renovations to the sanctuary. The contractor has completed installing and sanding the ceiling sheetrock. In a special called business meeting on May 30, the church voted to remove the sanctuary carpet and assess and refinish the hardwood floors beneath the carpet. This work will be overseen by the Properties Committee, and will be done concurrently with the remaining sanctuary ceiling repairs. Once the ceiling is complete and floors have been restored, the pews will be re-installed, and we will be ready to return to the sanctuary for worship. Once the sanctuary is complete, the next phase of renovation and repair will be the fellowship hall ceiling. The start date of this work is TBD. Thank you for your patience during this period.
- Children’s Church Volunteers:
First Sunday: Deidre and Hope
Second Sunday: Angel and Esse
Third Sunday: Chad and Ashley
Fourth Sunday: Beth and Teresa
Fifth Sunday: Stacy and Jene’
- Sunday School Classes: As we resume our Sunday School schedule, the following will be the class structure for now. We will reassess as our numbers increase:
- 1-3 Grade – Stacy Woodall – Education Building
- 4-6 Grade – Esse Muskopf – Education Building
- 7-12 Grade – David Loyless – Education Building
- Adult II Co-Ed – Chris Smith – Education Building
- Adult III Co-Ed* – Don Snell – Fellowship Hall
- Women – Beth Ivey – Education Building
* The Adult III Co-Ed Class will, for the time being, include the senior adult men and senior adult women classes combined with the senior adult co-ed class. Any questions, please contact Jene’ Loyless.
- Wednesday Nights: The adult Wednesday night gathering has resumed our study on From Creation to Covenant and will instead spend time together in prayer earnestly seeking God’s grace, favor, and revival. The adults who are not committed to teaching classes will still gather in the sanctuary at 6:30 p.m. Youth and Children classes will continue to meet as normal.
- International Mission Board: IMB Prayer Points: www.imb.org/prayer-points to subscribe for free email or print edition. You may also call the IMB at (800) 999-3113. We encourage you to call the IMB to request the name of one or more international missionaries so that you can commit to praying for them each and every day.
- Communications: We are implementing a couple of new forms of communication in addition to the usage of our private Facebook page and church website:
- REMIND App – To get push notifications on a smartphone or computer, go to rmd.at/pinckar on your device and follow the instructions to sign up and download the Remind app.
- REMIND Texts – If you would prefer to get text notifications, text the message @pinckar to the number 81010. If you have trouble texting to 81010, try texting @pinckar to (720) 606-4669. Note that standard text messaging rates will apply.
- Alabama Baptist: If you are currently receiving The Alabama Baptist but are no longer reading it or interested in receiving it, please contact Wanda Edwards to be removed from the subscription list.
- Giving: In this time of social distancing due to the COVID-19 pandemic, it remains important for each of our members to support Pinckard Baptist Church through continued giving. Please visit the Giving section to see a list of ways you can continue to give your tithes and offerings while we are unable to meet together in corporate worship, or click the button below to give online now using Tithe.ly.
- Who’s Your One?: I want to encourage you to identify your “one” and make a commitment to pray that they would come to Christ and connect with our church. Additionally, ask the Lord to use you in reaching them!
June Birthdays and AnniversariesIf your birthday or anniversary is not listed, please let Pastor Chris know and it will be added next week.
- June 1: Joe McNamara (birthday)
- June 5: Buddy Andrews (birthday)
- June 6: Weynell Brooks (birthday)
- June 10: Bobby Oldham (birthday)
- June 12: Don Snell (birthday)
- June 25: Strider Smith (birthday)